Thursday, April 2, 2009

Back To Reality

Sadly, every wonderful vacation must come to an end. I'm back home now, and trying to will my stubborn fingers how to type properly again. I think they are protesting not being on vacation! Not that I can blame them, our trip to Cozumel was amazing and it's sad that we had to leave our little cozy cocoon of a honeymoon and come back to reality.

In the most ironic of situations, we had boarded our flight and we were all ready to go, when the captain's voice comes on the loudspeaker to inform us they forgot the routine maintenance check the night before and we would have to deboard and it would take up to 1 hour to complete the task. I mean, it only took us 3 1/2 years to go on the honeymoon, what's another hour?! We were ticked off, and ended up missing our connector flight, so we didn't arrive in Cozumel until 2pm. We went straight to the hotel, checked in, got our bearings and booked our activities for the week.

We crashed early that night after hitting the buffet and slept a solid 10 hours. We then hit the beach all day Saturday. The weather was perfect, a nice breeze was blowing to keep us cool. We hit the buffet again for dinner and caught the show that evening at the resort.

Sunday Hubby went diving, and I indulged in a mud massage and foot reflexology. It was heaven! We spent the rest of the day lounging and being lazy. It was awesome!

Monday we went to the national park and swam with the dolphins. We got to give them kisses and hugs, and they did a foot push on us. It was amazing, and both dolphins, Shadia and Scarlett were pregnant. They were very good sports and very friendly. We also went snorkeling in the park, which was beautiful. Water was very clear and you could rent their equipment for cheap. We also rented a Jeep and cruised around to the other side of the island and took some great pictures. We ventured into town for some light shopping and a wonderful sunset dinner.

Tuesday we chilled at the beach and then went on a catamaran snorkeling cruise. Saw some sea turtles, trigger and puffer fish, as well as a huge grouper. Had lunch at a private beach and picked up an awesome shell necklace that was handmade. Hubby got a Cuban cigar and was very happy.

Wednesday was our last day, and we relaxed at the beach and then had to head back to pack up. Due to customs, etc, they require you to be at the airport three hours early, which stunk. It took us a grand total of 15 minutes to clear customs and then we just had to sit and wait. The trip was amazing, and hubby and I really enjoyed each other's company. We did have a fight over my inability to read a map, but I was actually doing quite well reading it. I think Hubby was just nervous about the rental car getting hit or something!

I'm sad to be home, but ready to get back into the swing of things. I've got a baby shower this weekend and lots of food shopping and cooking to do!

2 comments:

Kris10 said...

Sounds like you had a great trip, can't wait to see the pics! See you tomorrow for the shower! :)

Fancy Girl said...

Love the Pictures! It looks like you two had a really great honeymoon!!!