Monday, April 6, 2009

Weekend Wrap-Up

Friday night consisted of me running around like a chicken with my head cut off as I was trying to prepare for the baby shower I was hosting on Saturday. Let me tell you, don't ever bother making angel food cake. It's a temperamental bitch to make and it's way less stress to buy one from the grocery store! Everything else turned out well, and it was my first time making royal icing for sugar cookies. I finally called it a night around 1am.

Saturday I got up early to finish getting the food ready and to pack the car. Luckily, a few of the girls came early to help me set up. The shower was a success and we played games such as "Guess the Baby Food" and "My Water Broke," which consists of plastic babies encased in ice and the first person to break the baby out wins! The food was good, company was awesome and E got some really great gifts for the twins as well. I was utterly exhausted afterwards and went home to lounge in bed the rest of the evening.

Sunday got up and went to the outlet malls with another pregnant friend. We were on a maternity clothes mission and we were very successful! C. got a little overwhelmed right away, so I started pulling items that I though she would like and would flatter her ever-growing bust! She made out with quite a haul and I got her her first baby toy, this adorable stuffed giraffe. We had to control ourselves at the kiddie stores, because they don't know the sex of the baby yet. Needless to say, once they do, we'll be making a second trip to the outlets! After I got home, hubby and I grilled up some chicken and relaxed in the hot tub.

I also got a call from our roofer and it looks like our roof may be being replaced late this week, so I'm anticipating a headache for those three days!

2 comments:

Kris10 said...

Next time y'all go to the outlets let me know, would love to join!

Ellie said...

The shower was AWESOME! All your hard work definitely showed!

I love you girl!