So I recently returned from a trip to New York City that I took to celebrate my birthday. I convinced my hubby I wanted to go on the trip because he hasn't thrown me a party in the seven or so years we've been together. Truth be told, I really wanted to do some damage shopping!
I know, I know, the economy is shaky, gas is ridiculously high, yada yada. I don't care, I want some new clothes that I can't buy in here in Texas. I want coture, I want high fashion (but only if the price is reasonable!). Luckily, I received some cash for my birthday and stockpiled so I would have a fair amount to work with while in NYC.
We did the obligatory sightseeing because my hubby had never been to NYC. While I wish I could say I wanted to him to see all the great sites because he was a newbie, my real motivation was in hopes I could distract him while we spent ridiculous amounts of time in clothing stores. Don't judge me. Unfortunatly, I didn't give him enough credit and he caught onto my game and called me out on the second day!
It still didn't stop me from powershopping with stars in my eyes at H&M, Century 21, Bloomie's, etc. I was home, my Mecca, whatever. Needless to say, I spent all my birthday money on clothes, perfume, accessories. I swear, I had anticipated stocking up on unique gifts for girlfriends, etc, but it didn't happen (girls, I apologize, I couldn't stop myself!).
I really love New York and if anyone ever wants to go visit, please ring me up! The hustle and bustle of the Big Apple really appeals to me and I would love to experience living there at some point in time. I guess I'll need to do it before I have kids, but that's another story for a different day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment