Tuesday, July 21, 2009

It's Getting Hot In Herre

As I was driving home from the gym last night, I noticed a news truck at the gas station by my neighborhood. Nothing that goes on in my hood is usually news worthy, so it struck me as odd. Given my occasional bouts of ADD, I forgot all about it in the 5 minute drive home.

My inbox was exploding this morning with emails regarding the fire in my neighborhood. What?! Apparently a downed power line caused a spark that turned into a pretty major fire. Some of the roads don't have water lines, so they had to call in the helicopters to scoop up water from the lake to douse the fire. Here is a photo that a friend took from across the lake. What's crazy is I can make out two of my friend's houses in the photo!

Luckily just some ranch land was burned and a few neighborhood fences. No people were injured thank goodness!

No comments: