Monday, July 27, 2009

Weekend Wrap-Up

Friday night was a glorious night of quite pampering and girly movies. I watched Confessions of a Shopaholic (movie was good, book was better) and deep conditioned my hair. I worked on some baby shower projects and called it a night around 11pm.

Saturday I got up and hit the gym for my favorite class. I headed into town later that afternoon to do some shopping until C was done her errands. I ended up finding an awesome dress for the wedding I'm attending in October. It's a deep red color and it was 40% off! I also found some shoes that will work for the 50's party I'm attending this weekend. A group of us meet up for dinner and then headed off to see The Proposal. I seriously laughed my butt off at the movie! I had to control myself because I thought I was being too loud. Sandra Bullock and Ryan Renolds were really great together and there were a ton of funny moment. Former Golden Girl Betty White was the grandmother and she was really great.

Sunday morning I had to head to Walmart (uggg) and wait for over 2 hours to have my car battery replaced. Luckily T picked me up so I didn't have to miss my first Dim Sum experience. A group of us went to Shanghai for their famous Dim Sum Brunch. We were all pretty hungry by the time we were seated, and they loaded our table with various Dim Sum and other dishes and we proceeded to stuff our faces silly. Next time, we'll pace ourselves because we missed out on several carts that had some seriously yummy looking food. My favorite were the sesame balls with red bean paste. I wish I had a few right now! It was definitely worth $12 a person, and I would go back to try the rest of the food.

I headed back home after lunch and relaxed by the pool for a bit. Cooked some fish for my friend and her daughter and then decided to clean out my pantry. I was super embarrassed on the amount of un-opened expired food I had to throw away! I'm buying less in bulk from now on, I felt so wasteful. After dinner I snuggled down to watch New In Town with Renee Zelwegger and Harry Connick Jr. It was a predictable but cute movie. Glad I was getting all my girly movies in while Hubby is gone!

No comments: