Friday, September 25, 2009

I Stopped Listening When You Started Talking

Hubby and I were watching the new episode of Vampire Diaries last night and it was awesome. Quick rundown of the show, Stephen & Damian Salvatore are 200+ year old vampire brothers with a huge dislike for each other. They were both in love with the same woman in their past years who died and it tore them apart. Stephen is trying to blend in with normal high-schoolers and falls in love with Alaina, who reminds him of the woman he loved may years ago. Damian is the older hell-raiser and comes back to town to torment his brother and cause a raucous. Stephen and Alaina are eating dinner at her house and Damian arrives unexpectedly to crash the dinner and as all vampire lovers know, he can't come into her house until she verbally invites him.

Stephen tries to get Alaina to send him away, but the ever gracious host invites his devilishly handsome ass in. All the while this scene is taking place, I'm loudly yelling to Alaina that she can't invite him in, otherwise he can come back whenever he pleases unless she rescinds the offer. Hubby looks at me and starts laughing and asks when the hell did I become a vampire expert. I had to laugh too because I was really getting into it.

I informed him that in the original Buffy The Vampire Slayer movie, Donald Sutherland explained to Buffy that vampires could only enter a house with an invitation and you would have to say "I rescind the offer for you to enter my house" or something similar to that. Hubby got this blank look on his face to which I asked if that made sense. He blinked a few times and replied "Oh, I'm sorry. I stopped listening once you started talking."

No comments: