Monday, September 21, 2009

Weekend Wrap-Up

I took advantage of Hubby being away for the weekend to catch up on my girly movies, finish my current book, and shop! Friday night I met up with some friends to help celebrate her hubby's birthday. We enjoyed some yummy Mexican food and a great band. I called it a night around 9pm and headed home to relax.

Saturday got up and hit the gym for Body Flow. I was so relaxed I managed to fall asleep during relaxation and it was amazing. T met up with me and we headed out to the Halloween store to see if we could find some inspiration for costumes and new decorations. I was waffling between a few costume ideas but decided to go with a fun gypsy costume. The costume has beautiful colors and is totally fun and flirty. I'm in love with it. The Halloween store had some amazing decorations for the party, but my sensible friends had to help talk me down from buying the whole damn store. They had some amazing pieces. T's little girl ended up falling in love with a Dorothy costume, so now she's all set as well. We went and grabbed some yummy lunch and then headed out for more shopping. We hit up Ann Taylor Loft and I scored a large addition to my fall/winter wardrobe! I can definitely do a lot of damage in that store. After we made our purchases, we went to see Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs in 3D. I have vivid memories of reading that book as a child so it was pretty cool to see it as a movie. It was really cute and I enjoyed it.

Sunday I got up and went to town cleaning the house. I'm talking organizing guest bedrooms and closets, my linen closet, my laundry room, my closet, etc. I went nuts and it was very cathartic. I fit in some time to lay by the pool and read another book. My friend C came over and we took the dogs to the park for an hour or so. By that time I was ready for dinner so I made rice spaghetti and meatballs which totally rocked. I settled in for the night and flipped between a few movies and zonked around 10pm. I do enjoy my alone time, but I'm so ready for Hubby to get back into town today!

No comments: