we'd like to give thanks for this meal of food we're about to receive. (quick, name that movie!). It's hard for me to believe it's Thanksgiving already. I still feel like we should be making plans to go tubing or take the boat out. This year has really flown by and I have to say, I've enjoyed every minute of it.
We're straying from the holiday norm for us this year, we're making and eating dinner at our house instead of going to the in-laws. I was trying to find a less combative approach to get out of the family dinner, and decided if I cooked my own turkey I would have an excuse to decline the invitation we were going to receive. My plan worked out perfectly! My hubby was on board with my decision and I think is a bit relieved as well. So I'll be cooking a turkey with green bean, squash and sweet potato casseroles. Along with the normal fixings of rolls and cranberry jelly.
We did agree that we would see the family for dessert only and this way we would really be limiting the time we were there and hopefully experience less of the usual drama. I'm very excited that our Thanksgiving will be laid back. We'll have a fire going and probably watch a movie or two. Pineapple Express anyone?
Friday we will be forgoing the Black Friday pandemonium and instead hit up an early showing of "Twilight" and then head home to start putting up the Christmas decorations. Before you know it, it will be Christmas Eve! Hmm, better start thinking now how to get out of that family drama, oh sorry, celebration.
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment