Thursday, November 20, 2008

My Warranty Expired When?!

We've been having some car issues with my hubby's car. I thought it was running funny because the engine sounded different when I was driving it around town. My hubby ignored my concerns because the car was only 5 years old and had under 50,000 miles on it. "It's fine. It sounds great."

Last week while I was trying to drive to work the dang car stopped working on me. I pulled over and called my hubby (who wasn't very helpful) and I left it at a pool house and waited for a cab to take me to work. We called a tow truck and had the car taken to a local mechanic with a good record. They decided to do a tune-up and they were hoping that would take care of the problem. Not so much. Turns out there was metal chunks in the transmission which in short means we needed a new one. Crap, more money to be spent.

Sadly, we found out the transmission was two months out of warranty, so we couldn't rely on Acura to foot the bill. My hubby thought this was ludicrous, I mean, what kind of car craps out at 50,000 miles? I decided to let my hubby handle calling Acura and trying to get them to see our side of the issue. My heart fell when we found out a re manufactured tranny costs around $2500! Hello new tranny, goodbye new washer/dryer.

I don't doubt the arguing skills of my hubby, he's just a smooth talker who normally gets what he wants. So he managed to talk with Acura and based on the cars age and the fact we were young car buyers,etc,etc, he got them to pay everything but $500! Hallelujah! We also found out the airbags were defective, but they are fixing them because the warranty was still in effect.

No comments: