I had such a lovely weekend! Friday night right after work my hubby and I along with two friends headed to the Spurs vs. Houston basketball game. A builder friend gave us the tickets for free, and I do love free events!
I'm still having some stomach issues so while we were driving I was eating a huge bowl of rice (for which I was ridiculed for) all while hoping my stomach would behave at the arena. We laughed and chatted the whole ride and we were all very excited to eat some "ballpark food" once we found our seats. I really wanted cotton candy and a hot dog, but I figured it would do quite a number on my stomach, so I went with the safer choice of cheese pizza. I'll admit, I did stalk the cotton candy hard and really hoped she would make it to our section.
Our seats were pretty good, we were in the first row on the higher section, but we were in a railed off part so no one was actually sitting directly behind us. They were on a raised platform which meant no kicking of seats or spilling of drinks, etc. The game was good, but the last 5 minutes were the best. It was a low scoring game, 76 to 74 in favor of the Spurs. I used to cheer for basketball in my middle school days so I do know the rules of basketball and can follow along nicely. I was hooting and hollering with the best of them and I really enjoyed myself. My poor hubby has been burning the candle at both ends for the past few weekends and to my surprise he was checking his eyelids for cracks after half-time.
Saturday found me meeting up with some girlfriends for an afternoon of shopping and camraderie. We all managed to find some great additions to our wardrobes and even some holiday decorations. Needless to say, I'm not allowed to buy any more decorations this year! After we were tired of shopping, we headed back to C.'s house where Bobby was cooking up a pre-Thanksgiving feast. It was his test run for the meal he is going to prepare for his family next week. The food was fabulous and we all stuffed ourselves silly.
The fun contined as we all decided to play Guitar Hero Rock Band on the Wii. I've never played Guitar Hero and it was a learning lesson for most of the crew. After a while we got the hang of it and I'm actualy really good on the "drums." It's safe to say we played the game for around 5 hours. My hands were killing me from holding the drum sticks! We played until we got sleepy and then called it a night. I was too tired to drive home so I crashed in the guest bedroom with C's chi Penny. I had to poke her a few times during the night because she never moved!
Sunday I rose early and headed back home. I stopped at McDonald's for a busicut and decided to pick up some food for my hubby. He was jealous I was having so much fun and didn't come home so I thought I would be nice. When he woke up and saw the food I got him he asked me if "I was feeling guilty for not coming home and if that's why I bought him food." Um, no actually. I didn't feel like cooking breakfast for your ass so I got you food. Crazy boy.
It was a great weekend and I had a blast hanging out with everyone. Can you believe it's only 10 days until Thanksgiving?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment