Friday, January 23, 2009

The Living Dead

I've been out sick with the flu since Monday after lunch and I totally feel like a creature from Night of The Living Dead. Albeit I actually showered and brushed my teeth today, I'm still incredibly sluggish and out of it. I had a lovely lunch with K on Monday and while I was driving back to work I began to feel ill. I jetted out of the office and prayed that on my 45 minute drive home I could hold back the gag reflex.

My prayers were answered and I was able to park the car, change into my jammies, and then proceeded to hug the toilet for 8 hours straight. I was throwing up every 15 minutes and seriously wanted to die. Miserable. I did do some constructive thinking while I was lying cold and helpless on my bathroom floor: I decided I would rather be anorexic than bulimic. Throwing up repeatedly is not for me. Oh, and I really need to chew my food better!

Moving on, I spent the next three days laying in bed utterly exhausted and not caring if I ate food again in my lifetime. That all changed last night as I slowly felt more human and nibbled on greater quantities of rice and noodles. I'm at work today and not happy about it. I got winded from walking up two flights of stairs! I'm rushing to get everything done so I can go home and rest.

My hubby did a wonderful attempt at taking care of me. He purchased cola, crackers, rice, etc so I could try and get better. As I was moaning in bed from the pain in my legs Monday night, he proceeded to tell me I was a crappy sick patient and to just go to bed! Hello Mr. Sensitive. God love the man who acts like the world is ending when he catches a cold or flu once every 5 years. The world does stand still for him! He acts like a martyr and goes into work, but who the hell appreciates your dedication when they're worrying about catching the flu from your sick ass? NO ONE!

My plan is to spend the weekend resting and doing nothing strenuous besides attending my Yoga class on Saturday. Maybe some Yoga will help me get back into the swing of things.

No comments: