Monday, January 26, 2009

Weekend Wrap-Up

Another busy weekend, but luckily it was a closer to home weekend so I could get some rest to recover from the flu. Friday night we did nothing but watch TV and snuggle on the couch. Hubby and the guys were very excited for Saturday because a group of them had rented dirt bike and ATV's for the day. They headed out to Hill County and proceeded to spend the next 8 hours racing around the track and laughing as people wrecked. The girls however took a more relaxing approach to the day. We all met up around noon and proceeded to make some yummy dips and appetizers. We watched Mamma Mia, sang and danced around the house and waited for the boys to get back so they could cook up the meat for dinner.

Once the boys arrived home, the drinking began and my hubby managed to take it to the next level. He disappeared around 10ish without telling anyone and when I went home about an hour later, discovered he had walked home and passed out drunk in bed. Around midnight I hear a disgusting noise and an odorous smell and realized he had just vomited in bed. Wonderful! I was scathing mad and smacked him around until he came to and went into the shower. Oh, that was after he went into his closet in an attempt to pee. Awesome. I was stuck cleaning the linens and let me tell you, I was pretty furious. I refused to let him back into our bed and he had to sleep in the guest bedroom. I was up until 2am and the whole house smelled like wild game. Ugg.

When I woke up Sunday I decided I was still pissed and did not want to hang around him. He tried apologizing profusely, it didn't work. I informed him he was crazy to think we were having kids anytime soon because I'm not going to take care of a drunk hubby who vomits in bed all while having a screaming baby on my arm! I went to brunch with some friends to celebrate K's hard work and determination in finishing her first half marathon in 2 hours 3 minutes! Very impressive and I wish I could run like that! Afterwards a few of us went to the mall to walk off brunch and I proceeded to spend $60 on 4 itmes in Sephora. Love that place!

Once I returned home that evening hubby was apologizing again. We agreed to disagree and went on. We watched some movies and crashed around 10pm.

No comments: