Monday, February 9, 2009

Weekend Wrap-Up

Friday night started the weekend off with a bang with our 2nd annual Girls Valentine's Day Party! E. was our fabulous host and offered up her house as the location for the party this year. The dining room was decorated with the cutest Valentine paraphernalia and each girl got a little gift bag. The party kicked off with C. announcing her pregnancy and the fact she had been keeping it a secret for a week! After the obligatory screams and tears, the ideas began to flow for the next baby shower.

We did a Secret Sista gift exchange and we oh'd and ah'd over the gifts and indulged in some ridiculous brownies that I got from the www.bakerella.com website. Most girls called it a night around 10:30pm, and the few of us that stayed the night talked and giggled until well past 1am.

Saturday I managed to drag my behind to Body Flow and hubby and I purchased a flat-screen TV after two months of comparison shopping. Our old-school TV started making this terrible humming noise right after Christmas and we had been trying to ignore it, but it was getting progressively worse. Hubby found a wonderful deal (big surprise) so we went ahead and bought a 42" Flat-Screen TV! So excited, it looks awesome and best of all, no humming noise. We also went to dinner with friends of ours who are expecting to go into labor any day now. We had a wonderful dinner at Oasis and chatted about their pregnancy and honeymoon ideas. They went to Belize and highly recommended it and even sent us the links when they got home from dinner.

Sunday was spent at Yoga class, then I persuaded Hubby to take me to see "Taken" with Liam Nissan. It was a great action movie and we both enjoyed it. With all the baby news floating around, hubby tried to press me for more information as to when I would be ready for kids. Good lord, I'm not ready to commit to another dog, and he wants me to commit for a date to start trying for a baby!!!

No comments: