Another busy weekend has flown by and allowed me to add more funny pictures to my yearly scrapbook. Friday night hubby and I went to dinner with another couple at a local restaurant. We'd been building this place up and you can imagine our disappointment when the steaks we ordered as "medium-rare" came back well done. Hubby and our friend sent the steaks back and the second round was cooked perfectly, but the damage had already been done. My mahi-mahi however, was cooked to perfection the first time, so I was a happy camper.
Saturday a group of us celebrated our friend S.'s birthday with dinner and dancing downtown. Her hubby had ordered bottle service at a favorite club of ours, and the ladies enjoyed lounging on the sofa's and surveying the room. We indulged in three wonderful bottles of champagne and some Maker's Mark for the braver drinkers. We danced the night away in our reserved area and the main dance floor. Of course I requested "Poker Face" by Lady GaGa and I don't think I've shaked my hips like that in a long time! Hubby was the DD that night (not by choice, but he grudgingly accepted his fate) so that I could enjoy the champagne. It was a great night and I laughed and smiled so much my cheeks hurt the next day.
Sunday I finally dragged my behind out of bed and made a trip to the Verizon store where I complained about my crappy phone. The battery dies after 10 minutes on the phone! They informed me I was a month out of warranty and it would cost me $50 for a new phone, or $20 for a new battery. I informed them that I would not be paying anything and I wanted a new phone. I told them this was the third phone to crap out on me right after a year, and no I did not want to purchase their scam insurance, and I've been a loyal customer since 2000, yada yada. I pretty much stood there in complete silence for 5 minutes and they got so uncomfortable they got a manger and agreed to give me a new phone for free. Thank you very much!
I also hit up Party City to get some baby shower supplies and decorations. I should not be allowed to shop for this shower any more. I'm going crazy! So many cute and fun decorations, games, etc. I also hit up Old Navy because they had some good deals going on as well as Ann Taylor Loft. I found a great pair of jeans there and the cutest coral flats. Dang that money is spent fast!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment