Friday after noon at 3:30pm, I was notified that a poem I wrote on a whim was picked to win tickets to see Yanni at 8pm that evening! I was perusing Craigslist for cheap Yanni tickets when I came across an entry asking that you write a poem and the best one would win 2 tickets to the show. I entered the following poem Thursday afternoon:
Oh Yanni Chryssomallis, how do I love thee
Let me count the ways.
You were born in Kalamata, Greece,
and oh do I love their olives.
Though you are 27 years older than I,
it doesn’t stop my heart from pounding wildly
as I listen to your piano chreshendos.
Oh I Dare to Dream of seeing you in concert, but alas,
I’m unable to afford the ticket prices at the moment.
You learned to play the piano without reading notes,
and I would learn to read and speak Greek just to see
you in concert.
Although this poem doesn’t rhyme, Yanni,
I hope to be seeing you in no time!
I kept my fingers crossed it wasn't a scam and dragged Hubby with me that evening. It was 7:45pm, 7:50, 7:52 and we still hadn't seen or heard from the guy offering the tickets. Utterly dejected, Hubby offered to take me to a nice restaurant, to which I replied, "I don't want to go to a restaurant, I want to see Yanni!" As we were standing there, a woman came up asking if we wanted 2 free tickets, to which we snatched the tickets from her and did a little dance! The poem guy ended up calling us about 8:10 and apologizing since he had ran late and was really sorry. No problem though, our seats ended up being better and it turned out the woman who gave us the tickets had a son who was a lighting director of the show! She tried to get us backstage to meet Yanni, but it was too tight on time. Still, the fact that I could have met him was awesome! The show was incredible, he travels with a 40 piece string band, which was fantastic. Hubby fell in love with the head violinist, and she was def. hot, plus it made him enjoy the show more!
Saturday afternoon we headed to our cousin's house for his annual volleyball party. He built a regulation size sand volleyball court in his backyard. He was grilling out all day and the drinks and music were free flowing. I was a spectator this time and we kept laughing at all the great saves made throughout the games. Hubby ended up staying overnight and they played until 4am. No thanks, I wanted to take a shower and sleep in my own bed.
Sunday we had some friends over for an impromptu pool party. We grilled out chicken and burgers and yummy veggies. By 7pm we were all feeling the effects of the sun and pool and called it a day. We want to make these pool parties a Sunday tradition, it feels so good to lay around and be lazy in the sun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment