Just got back from an early am doctor appointment and I am feeling a little overwhelmed! I went to ask some questions about going off of birth control and another medicine I am currently on. I also wanted to see if we could get to the bottom of what is causing me leg pain and charlie horses a few times a week. So here's what I learned:
1. I only have to wait one complete cycle off of birth control to start trying to get preggers
2. Need to start prenatal vitamins now even if we don't plan on trying until 2010
3. I need to get the Whooping Cough shot and so does Hubby
4. I need to lose 5-10 pounds before I get preggers
5. When I do get pregnant, I only need to eat an extra 300 calories a day
6. I should gain no more than 20 pounds for health and back strain issues
7. Once pregnant, I can have up to 2 cups of caffeine a day. Less is better, but 2 is okay
8. I'm having a complete blood panel done tomorrow morning to check my levels as well as my cholesterol
9. I need to cut wayyyyyy back on my salt intake
10. What the hell am I getting myself into?
I went ahead and got the Whooping Cough vaccine, or TDAP as it's commonly called. I stuck out my arm and she informed me the butt would be better. It can make you sore the next day and the butt is better. Let me tell you, the shot didn't sting, but it bled like hell! Hubby has to get it to, and it's good for 10 years.
I also weighed myself and I'm up to 150 pounds, which is the fattest I've ever been. It helps I'm 5'11" so it doesn't look that much, but it's just not healthy to carry any extra weight. So, she suggested I lose 5 pounds, but I'm going for 10. This means no processed foods and sugar! Gasp, I know, can you believe it?! Me, no sugar. I felt like crap because I wolfed down a chocolate-covered macaroon last night, and now I feel like an eff'ing blimp. Shit, I have a wedding to attend in October and I can't let me old friends see me fat! I'm severely hormonal at the moment, so you can be tears welled in my eyes when I saw the scale fall on 150. Sigh.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Only 20 pounds huh...good luck with that! ;)
What Doctor did you see? Your regular doctor or an Ob/Gyn?
The only time I've seen 20lbs advised for pregnancy weight gain is when the person is overweight to start with. Which isn't you.
Do you really think you'll want to be on a "diet" while your dealing with all the other pregnancy-related BS?
I saw my regular doctor, but she recommended 3 OB's that she really likes. She told me I shouldn't gain any more than 30 pounds, but that 20-25 was healthy.
I don't plan on being on a restrictive diet once pregnant (I guess no less restrictive than no wheat, dairy,etc) Depending on my cholestoral results I may have to limit other things. But I will be loading up on fresh veggies, chicken, fruits,etc.
My goal is to lose the extra 5-10 pounds before I even get preggers ,this way I start on an even ground.
Hey girl- I know it is difficult, but please don't get too hung up on the weight gain stuff associated with pregnancy. Not only is it the one time in your life you can eat whatever you want and shouldn't feel guilty, but you'll have plenty of time to lose it after the little baba gets here. You look beautiful and if getting back in shape after the baby gets here is a priority to you then you should have no problem bouncing back :)
Love you!
Post a Comment