Today is a better day. I finished my salted chocolate truffles for Bunco last night and they look pretty darn good. Hubby said they taste great, I haven't tried one yet. I didn't realize the whole process takes about 4 hours to make them, but it was worth it. Even got points at work for bringing in some samples!
Hubby surprised me with flowers the other day as well. He got them because it was the 9 year anniversary of our first official date. We both remember it pretty well. I went to a hockey game with Hubby and that's when he introduced me to all of his guy friends. I even remember the soft blue sweater I wore because it made my tan look excellent! Hubby prefers to acknowledge our first date over our wedding, but whatever. I'll take what I can get!
Tonight I'm learning to make fondant roses in my cake class. I'm going to make some traditional colored roses as well as some black roses for my Halloween cake. I've got a few more decorating items/cleaning to do before Thursday's Bunco. Luckily T is coming over to help me get the food ready and do any last minute things earlier in the day tomorrow. Gotta love my job, they let me take off half a day when it's my month to host Bunco! It must help I bribe them with food.
I found some great old bedsheets at Goodwill yesterday which I proceeded to age with fake spray blood last night. They look awesome, so glad I found cheap sheets. I'm always trying to have new decorations for my Halloween parties so people don't get bored by the same stuff each year. This is my 4th year hosting, so you can imagine the treasure trove of decorations I have.
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment