Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Belated Weekend Wrap-Up

The Halloween party was on Saturday and it was called "epic" by many attendees. It warms my heart to have so many people come to our parties and also that they have a great time. I decorated the house like crazy because it's all about presentation and made sure there were items all over the house for people to see when they don't expect it. I made a 2 tiered cake that was a bitch to make but totally worth it. Everyone said it looked so pretty and we never even cut into it!

Food was plenty and the shots were even more bountiful! I carried a bucket with sand and nestled the shot test-tubes in and offered them up. I made quite a few rounds and we used all 1oo test tubes and even had to wash them out and start re-using them. Our friends who came in from Orlando had a blast and the live music aspect just adds a little something extra to a party. By 3am, I was done and ready for bed. We had to get up early to grab some yummy breakfast and take our visitors to the airport.

I love hosting the Halloween party, but after it's over, I'm so glad it's only a once a year party!

No comments: