Monday, November 16, 2009

Weekend Wrap-Up

I love lazy weekends when you open up the windows, make a nice cup of chicken tortilla soup, and watch silly movies with you significant other. That's how we spent Friday night, ignoring the phone and just relaxing. We both really needed it since we've been burning the candle at both ends for quite some time.

Saturday however, was a different story. Hubby got up early to head to the dirt bike course to go test a dirt bike he was thinking of buying. He had his money in his wallet and high hopes in his heart that the bike would be in good condition and would be worth it. We found out later in the day that he purchased the bike and was on Cloud 9 for the rest of the day. So I had the perfect excuse to go shopping!

I went to the gym and met up with T to do some power shopping! Steinmart had a good sale and we both picked up a new shirt and some cute Christmas decorations. We then braved the mall to check out some stores. We hit up White House Black Market and scored on some half price jeans and corduroys. T got a size 0 which made me want to vomit with jealousy and I stuffed my booty in a 6. Then we headed to the Galleria to meet up with C and little S. Scored some new bras at Victoria's Secret thanks to a coupon and then went into Ann Taylor Loft to do some damage. The clerk let me use a coupon that was only for sale items, so I scored 2 pairs of corduroys and 2 sweaters for only $100!

After 5 hours of walking and shopping our feet were protesting, so we called it a night. We headed back to my house to cook up some pork loin, drink some wine and unwind in the hottub. It was a perfect way to top off a great day. I'm pretty sure Hubby and I were both passed out by 9:30pm. Sunday we woke up early and finished cleaning up the Halloween decorations and putting them in the attic. We decided to take down the Christmas decorations so we would be ready to go next weekend. We got rid of junk that we didn't need and it was very cathartic to put it all in the trash. I decided to make a slow cooker pot roast and by 5:30pm we were starving and it smelled so good! I was very proactive after dinner and addressed my Christmas cards as we watched a movie. What a great weekend!

No comments: