I checked my email last night and after deleting a bunch of junk mail, come across an email from one of my cousins. This would be a biological cousin, not one of Hubby's who we always see. I haven't talked to pretty much anyone on my side of the family besides my mom, sister and grandmom for over 10 years. They all have their drama and I just didn't have room in my life to deal with their, so I cut the cord. No emails, phone calls, visits, etc since 1996.
I've always been fine with this arrangement. I occasionally get updates from my mom when her sister decides to call and lament how dreadful her life is. So imagine my surprise when I open her email and find out my sister gave her my contact info. Apparently she had been trying to find me on facebook and myspace, but had no luck. I could have strangled my sister, which I promptly told her in a text. It just opens up a whole can of worms starting to talk to that side of the family and I have no interest in doing that. For all I know they could still talk to my biological father and I really don't want any information on me relayed back. So I decided to ignore the email and hope that she doesn't try to contact me again.
Thursday, November 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment