Friday night started off the weekend with a bang. A group of us girls headed to T's house for an apartment warming party and some girl time. We ate pizza, talked and played a rousing game of Partini. It was nice to have a house party where you didn't have to yell over the music like you would in a bar. I called it a night around 10:30pm and headed home.
Saturday was a very busy day as I not only had to attend a baby shower an hour away, I also was hosting a friend's 45th birthday part later that evening. I was off and running around 8:30am and began baking my second bundt cake which would later be assembled to look like a snake. I also had to boil chicken breasts for a spicy dip, and make Mexican Cheese Roll-ups for the party. I managed to run over and help set up for the party and still had time to shower and get ready for the baby shower.
The baby shower was ridiculously fun. We played several games and I took good notes because I got so many ideas for the shower I'm hosting in April for a dear friend. I managed to win two separate games and went home with some fun prizes. The only game I did not like was "What's In The Dirty Diaper?" I hate that game with a passion and I'm sure they got lovely pictures of me making a nasty face as I'm forced to open the diaper and guess what kind of chocolate bar is melted and gooey in the diaper. We will not be playing that game at the shower I'm throwing. Promise.
The food was incredible and they even had a chocolate fountain! The other friends I met were very nice and we had a good time laughing and chatting. I rolled out of that party around 4:30 and as soon as I was home I began to assemble the snake cake and finish the other food. I was cutting it close on time but managed to make it to the party before guests arrived and put on the finishing touches. The party was Jungle/Safari themed and I was so happy when I realized that almost all the guests had dressed the part! We had ladies wearing cheetah, zebra and leopard print items and the men went the safari hunter route.
The food was plentiful, music was rocking and the conversation flowed as easy as wine. I ended up closing the party down with what else but playing Wii American Idol! The party ended around 1:30am and I dare say it was a very successful party. I do love theme parties and it always makes you feel good when the guests enjoy the decorations and all the hard work that goes into putting a party on.
Sunday was relaxation day and we did some light errands around town. I was loosing steam easily and we were home by 5pm. We lounged in the hottub and watched some tv. It was a whirlwind weekend, but I loved every minute of it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I am tired just reading that post! You and my sister are freakin social, I can see why you get along so well:)
Post a Comment