Yesterday was my MIL's birthday. She decided pretty late in the day on Sunday she wanted to have a BBQ/Pool Party on Monday, for whoever could make it. Hubby and I arrived at their house around 5:30pm yesterday, only to be surprised that no cars were there. I called the house and MIL answered the phone crying. Not only did Hubby's sister manage to sink their fairly new jet ski, their oldest dog was in the process of dying. Nothing like a drama-filled Monday evening!
Hubby goes and helps salvage the jet ski, which if it hadn't been tied to the dock, would have sunk to the bottom of the lake. It's going to need around $500 worth of repairs, too. I stayed with MIL to help with the dog. In an attempt to make the dog feel better, she gives him some water that immediately goes right through his system all onto her tile floor. It was disgusting. I could have done without seeing all that. Everyone is sad and tense, so I was ready to get the hell out of there. But Hubby needed to spend time with his dog, so I just sat and waited until he was comfortable enough to leave.
The dog made it through the evening (I can't imagine the drama if he had actually passed on MIL's birthday) and was still having issues this morning. They made the family decision to take him to the vet to be put to sleep. It was for the best as his body was shutting down and he was uncomfortable. Hubby is sad and I feel bad because I can't really do anything but try to tell him what a great life his dog had. He survived a water moccasin bite, being chased by a wild boar, got to go on the boat every weekend when he was younger, etc. I'm waiting for Hubby to tell me they cremated the dog and are having his ashes turned into one of those new-fangled "diamond" pieces.
Tuesday, June 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
aww, that makes me sad :(
Sorry you had a crappy evening.
Post a Comment