Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Belated Weekend Wrap-Up

Thanksgiving has come and gone and I'm still in a gluten coma! Thursday morning Hubby and I headed out to spend the weekend at our friend's family ranch to do some relaxing and hunting. I was excited to read a bunch of books without being interrupted and Hubby was really hoping to bring home some deer meat. I was expecting a more "executive ranch" experience, but the ranch was a very simple single-story building with minimal creature comforts. You couldn't flush toilet paper down the toilet and there was no hot water for the shower. This was a little disturbing considering I take 2 showers a day.

It was so peaceful and pretty and I took a lot of photos using my new tripod. I finished 3 books and Hubby shot a coyote but alas, did not bag a deer. After 3 days, I was ready for a shower and my own bed and some privacy. We headed back home late Saturday after the evening hunt.

Sunday I woke up early and decorated the house for Christmas. I put up our 3 foot tree and my Rudolph claymation figurines. C, K, and S came over for a candy making party. We made 2 kinds of truffles and lots of fudge and almond bark. We made a mess, laughed and sang along to the radio. I smell a fun Christmas tradition coming on, and it smells like melting chocolate!

2 comments:

Lulu said...

Still waiting for my chocolates in the mail... ;)

Madison said...

lol, mailing day begins (hopefully) on Monday!