I know I say this every Monday, but I need a weekend to recover from my weekend! Friday night I ended up staying late at work to help my boss finish his Shutterfly photo book for his wife. I had been helping him make a book documenting his new baby girl so he could surprise his wife at Christmas. My boss is a bit of a procrastinator, so of course we're rushing to finish it on Friday so we could get it shipped by Christmas. I finally got home about 7:30pm and we went to dinner in the hood with our friend B. Dinner was super yummy, I had the Southwestern Grilled Chicken, which was topped with a melted Buffalo mozzarella that was out of this word. The cilantro butter sauce that topped it was ridiculous and made the rice fantastic. I passed out for the night around 10ish, while the boys drank and goofed around until 2am.
Saturday morning I hit the ground running and started with my Body Flow class. The boys went off to the shooting range to act macho for a few hours. We all met up for lunch afterwards and chatted and laughed for about 2 hours. Then Hubby and I went off to finish up our Christmas shopping. I'm happy to report we are done! We were exhausted and went home about 7pm. We totally spaced about our friend C's pub crawl, so sadly we missed out on the fun. Hubby zonked on the couch by 8pm and I watched Enchanted on TV. I love Amy Adams and the movie is so damn cute!
Sunday I cooked breakfast for us while we relaxed a bit. Then it was off to get my hair colored. I was a deep chestnut brown and this time I went for espresso bean dark. It's REALLY dark, about as dark as you can go without being considered goth-y. I'm still getting used to it, but so far C and T have said it looks good, so I'm going to stick with it until March. Then I'll gradually go lighter for the summer months. What's cool is I can amp up my eye-makeup with out it seeming overdone because it matches my new hair color really well. I met up with C. for a yummy lunch of Chicken & Shrimp Pad Thai at Fire Bowl, my new favorite lunch spot. Then we went to Party City and stocked up on New Year's decorations. Our theme is Black, Gold, and Silver and we picked up some really great supplies. I've already designed the cake theme, so this week I'll start piping out the pieces in both royal icing and fondant.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I hear ya on the needing a recovery day after the weekend. Why can't all weekends be 3 day weekends??? And it is nice to know that I am not the only one falling alseep at 8 and ten on the weekends;)
I know, it's always comforting to hear other people your age are just as tired at 8-10pm as you are, lol.
Post a Comment