Friday, December 18, 2009

New Hobby?

I'm thinking of taking some photography and darkroom processing classes in the new year. As much as I love digital cameras and their capabilities, I've always been drawn to the whole process of developing the film you shoot. I took photography classes in my freshman and sophomore year of high-school and loved it. I'm pretty sure I have an old school film camera somewhere that I could use to save money in the beginning. After doing some research, I've found a few people who will teach you the basics of the darkroom developing process for about $125 for 20 hours of lesson time.

My plan is to do more research on the general cost of supplies and the time involved to re-learn the developing process. Once I get a hang of it, I would need to find a darkroom to join so I would be able to do and develop whenever I choose.

No comments: