Monday, December 7, 2009

Weekend Wrap-Up

I love unplanned weekends! Friday night Hubby and I went to eat a full turkey dinner at his parents house. Then we went home and crashed in front of the couch and watched G.I. Joe. Saturday I woke up EARLY and volunteered at the Coats for Kids event. Basically, we helped families in need get warm coats for their children. It's a really gratifying experience because you get to interact (albeit quickly) with the families and help the kids pick out new coats. Afterwards, a group of us went to breakfast and chatted a bit. Then it was off to the mall to hit up a few stores and knock some presents off my list.

Once I was done at the mall, I met up with T to help her buy presents and to see if I could get something for Hubby. We power shopped and T knocked a bunch of gifts off her list and I scored a few good ones as well. Hubby was gone for the day watching football, so we took our time and had a lot of fun. We went to Mimi's Cafe for dinner and then headed back to my house to uncork a bottle of wine (Vampire Merlot, lol), wrap presents and watch movies. We did watch the last 5 minutes of the UT game and about had a heart attack! We did win 13-12 in the last second (literally!). Then it was on to movie time. I love Saving Sarah Marshall, and T had never seen it, so we watched that while drinking. Damn that movie was even funnier with a nice wine buzz! We called it a night around 2am and I fell into bed and had a wonderful sleep.

Sunday Hubby and I work up and he wanted to go out to the Lake House for breakfast. I love it when he takes me there! Afterwards we visited with his parents for a bit and talked Christmas gift strategy for some other family members, including my SIL. Then we headed home where the baking commenced. I made pizzelles for my grandmom, mom and sister to ship be sure I could ship them off today. Then I made a huge batch of cinnamon rolls which I froze to give as presents later. I also made a batch of truffles to mail out to friends today. By 6pm we were getting hungry so I whipped up a batch of White Turkey Chili, which was super yummy. We watched Transformers 2 and Angels & Demons, both which were really entertaining. By 10pm we were zonked for the night.

No comments: