I feel like I always start my weekend recap blog with "Another busy weekend for the books," and it certainly rang true again for last weekend. Friday I was feeling a bit under the weather and took the day off work. I dragged my butt to Yoga, which made me feel fabulous and also did some light grocery shopping. I headed over to T's house to watch Roman Holiday with Audrey Hepburn and drink some hot chocolate. Later when Hubby got home we cooked some dinner, danced around to music and watched tv until we crashed.
Saturday was our girls Xmas trip and we kicked off the day at a vineyard where we did a wine tasting. Our somelier, James, got a kick out of 8 pretty ladies ready to taste some wine and take lots of pictures. He gave us extra tastes and even had us try a port shot! You dip your glass in caramel sauce, then lick it off, slam the port and throw back some chocolate chips. It was super yummy! He even got us a tour of the winery even though they weren't scheduled to do another tour for 30 more minutes. It totally pays to dress up and look fabulous! Afterwards we headed downtown for lunch and our White Elephant. The food was great and the gifts were even better! There were a few steals and sad faces, but everyone walked away with a fabulous gift. We even talked about doing a theme of personalized gifts for next year's party.
After lunch we strolled Main Street and ducked into cute little shops and crossed items off our Christmas list. A few of us picked up some new charms for our bracelets and we stopped to take lots of cute pictures along the way. We called it a day around 5pm and most of the girls headed home. T and I stayed at her Aunt's house so we went to eat yummy pasta and fried quail for dinner. Then we headed back to make truffles, which didn't go exactly as planned. Her Aunt used all the chocolate, including what was to be reserved to dip the truffles in! A few trips to the grocery store got us back on track and we rolled, dipped, laughed and talked until well past 1am.
Sunday we got up and had green smoothies that were super yummy and hit the road. We went to relieve the husbands of their child-watching duties so they could go dirt bike riding and relax. Us girls went into town to do more Christmas shopping and to waste some time since we were up and showered and looking good. Later than evening I made my last batch of cinnamon rolls and we babysat D for a bit. I introduced her to the original Chipmunk Adventure movie which I loved when I was little. Hubby even gave her a guitar lesson which she loved.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment