Last night as my hubby and I were catching each other up on our day's activities, I was informed that his 17 year old sister would be bringing 8 friends to the Halloween party this year. Awesome. Just what we all want to see, a bunch of snot-nose spoiled kids at a party for adults. As you can probably tell, I have a problem with this. Now I know I can't actually do to much about it since the party is at my in-laws house this year, but I think it's a bad idea to have underage kids at a party like this.
The booze is free-flowing, and I know that's the only reason my sister-in-law wants to stick around for the party. Let's face it, she NEVER wants to attend family events and we usually have to twist her arm to come. But mention a party with booze and she's in. I don't want to make her seem like a lush, but she's had incidents with drinking before and I just think it's a poor decision on my in-laws part to allow her to be at the party and bring friends. I'm hoping they just stay in her room and party, but we'll just have to wait and see. I think if they do come mill about they will quickly realize they have nothing in common with the other guests and jet.
The local neighborhood cop already knows about the party and was invited to stop by and I'm hoping this will be enough to deter the underage kids from drinking and the parents allowing it. Agin, we'll just have to wait and see.
Thursday, October 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Ooh yeah, thats sounds like a bad idea all the way around. I would not want to be the responsible adult at that party because if anything happens, they will have to bear the consequences of that. You just cant trust 17 year olds to behave resposible with booze around.
Post a Comment