My hubby took me on a little road-trip to a quaint town called Wimberly as part of my anniversay present. Wimberly is about an hour or so away from our house and it was a perfect weekend for a road-trip. The sun was shinning but the air was crisp enough to roll the windows down and let the breeze run through our hair. I really do love autumn weather!
Once we arrived at the quaint town, we set out to hit all the cute shops and funky stores on the main drag. Our first stop was to the Cedar Chest where I picked out four charms for my Pandora bracelet that my hubby gave me a few months ago. There are so many charm options and it was a bit overwhelming to decide which ones to select. I wanted to keep my bracelet on the dainty side, so I ended up choosing smaller charms. I got two birthstone charms to represent my birth month and my hubby's birth month, as well as a heart charm and one that sort of looks like a fancy pumpkin (mostly in the shape). They cleaned my bracelet and I absolutely love it!
We ducked into all the small, funky shops and laughed and browsed our way through the town. My hubby purchased a few cigars and a vintage jacket. I crossed a few people off the Christmas present list and was quite pleased at that. We had lunch at a bustling cafe where the sweet potatoe fries are to die for. After about 3 hours we decided to call it a day and head back to town to partake in the craziness that is called "tail-gating."
I come from a small college that didn't have a football game, so I didn't tail-gate. I also don't really drink, so I don't get the allure of drinking for 5 hours before the football game, but I digress. The weather was beautiful, downtown was decked out in burnt orange and the food and beer was free flowing. Plus our team ended up winning, so that's what I would call a good night!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment