Monday, October 6, 2008

Weekend Wrap-up & Chicken Wing Fiasco #2

I had a pretty relaxing weekend, so nice to have a few non-crazy weekends here and there. Friday night we played Volleyball in the local park and passed out early. Saturday I made it to my Yoga class and then ran around buying half priced Halloween decorations and gifts for my girlfriend's new baby girl. There are so many cute baby items out there it's ridiculous. I probably lost about an hour of my day in Target wandering around the baby section looking for the "perfect" gift. I don't know any one month old baby that can tell the difference between a so-so gift and a perfect gift, but what the hell. I wanted something perfect!

My hubby managed to convince me to go to dinner with some friends downtown that evening. We had a wonderful dinner at South Congress Cafe where I had the warm Goat Cheese Salad. So delish! The food was great and the conversation was even better. We decided to grab some after dinner drinks at 219 and it looked like there was a huge line to get in the bar. Turned out the line was to get into Rain, the local gay bar. I'll tell you what, Rain was a happening place and they must make a boatload of money every weekend. We sat on the patio at 219 and the line was solid for well over an hour. We enjoyed some people watching and saw a girl wearing this t-shirt that said: "I'm a Happy Hook-er" and had the hook'em horns sign on it. Wow. These college kids are always making mom proud!

Sunday I decorated my house for Halloween. I love decorating and probably spent a good 4-5 hours making sure everything was set up for maxium spookiness. I also decided I would make some chicken wings for dinner so we could enjoy them while we watched the football game. If you remember from my first chicken wing fiasco, things didn't go so well and I never actually go to enjoy the wings, so I was really looking forward to stuffing my face with wings. As I'm making jello for dessert, I open the oven to check on the wings and a 400 degree steam plume erupts and burns my freakin' arm. I scream out in pain, let go off the oven door and run to the sink. I put my arm under cold water and my hubby comes running from the bar room. He doesn't know what to do and neither do I so we pull up "The Google" and search steam burns. EWW, they have some really bad pictures, but good information. Basically, I'm screwed, but I can put some aloe on it and take a Tylenol. This is the picture I took this morning and the blotchy, red area is the burn. It hurts like a bitch!


It looks weird in the picture, but it's really red and nasty looking. I'm thinking I should refrain from making chicken wings and just order in when I have a hankering for some!

No comments: