Friday, August 7, 2009

Country

So Saturday night I'm probably doing the most country thing I've done since I moved. Hubby and I and some friends are going to an NRA charity event. Hubby has been wanting a handgun and other guns for safety and thanks to a Marine neighbor friend, he's been building his stockpile. I have no problem with the second amendment and think it's great to have the right to posses a gun. However, I strongly believe that having ample knowledge about guns and safety issues coincide with the responsibility of owing a gun. We have a good safe in our house where we store our guns. Hubby goes shooting regularly and I need to go practice. It's been a while since I've shot a handgun.

We're heading out to Hill Country and attending a silent auction dinner event. I love silent auctions and all the fun and unusual items to bid on. Plus they are having BBQ which I can eat!! I'll let you know on Monday exactly how country the event was!

No comments: