Monday, August 10, 2009

Weekend Wrap-Up

Another busy weekend for the books! Friday night found me over at N's house helping her out with a baby shower project that needed to be completed by this weekend. We had a blast going to dinner and chowing down on some Pad Thai and working on our project. It's really impressive and I'll post pictures of the finished project next week.

Saturday was spent hitting up the gym, Micheal's and going grocery shopping. Later that evening a bunch of us hit up the Friends of the NRA charity event. Hubby's company donated an engraved table that ended up in a bidding war between two women. We were hooting and hollering for them to raise the stakes and it finally ended at $2,500! It was the second highest priced item that evening. T and I were the only ones not wearing denim as we had opted for cute summer dresses. We were way overdressed, but we felt cute! We bid on some items and we were each hoping to win the ladies handgun for which you had to buy a $20 raffle ticket. We were sad when we didn't win, but T's FIL won a leather vest which was way to small for him. The whole table had a good laugh over that win. It was definitely a country evening, but we laughed the whole time so it was totally worth going to.

Sunday I cleaned the house and made my cake and frosting's for my cake class on Wednesday. I helped C finish her mosaic birdbath while Hubby took a chainsaw to the trees in the backyard. We were hoping to let more light in so the pool would stay clearer. He succeeded in trimming the trees but I almost had a heart attack when I saw how precariously the ladder was perched on the tree. After the mosaic'ing we hit up the pool for a few hours. We all spontaneously decided to go eat sushi at 7pm and it was yummy! Hubby and I split a Spider roll, Philly roll and California rolls. I also got Miso soup that was out of this world good.

No comments: