Hubby announced last night our cousin and girlfriend want us to consider going to MusicFest in Steamboat Springs, Colorado next January. Hubby has gone 2 times already and it's always been with all the boys and a couple athletic girls/girlfriends. I have chosen to pass normally, but I figured Hubby wanted to go but was feeling guilty about being away for 6 days. So I enthusiastically told him I wanted to go. He was surprised but excited, and then reminded me the temperature normally hovers around 5 degrees. Ouch.
But in my attempt to be excited about things Hubby wants to plan, I'm going ahead with my feelings and telling him it would be fun. There is no way in hell I would ski, so I could sell my lift ticket for about $150 and I would say hello to a fabulous mud massage and body wrap instead. The total hotel and music pass would be about $450, which isn't bad for 6 days. The problem is it's about 18 hours away from where we live. Hubby and Cousin T would be doing the driving but the idea of sitting in a car for that longs makes my butt numb already. The closest airport is in Denver, which is still 5 hours away. But that's way more manageable, so we're contemplating taking the trip. We have to decide pretty fast, otherwise our Cousin is going to find another couple to split the lodging with.
It may be cold, but taking a sleigh ride during the day and going hot air ballooning and sipping hot toddies by the fire sounds incredibly fun. At least I could say I went there once!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment