I've been spending a lot of time with my girlfriends lately and Hubby is starting to lay on heavy guilt trips. I've been bouncing about seeing movies, having dinner, going to cake classes, and planning multiple babyshowers. I've always been pretty independent, even before Hubby and I tied the knot. He has appreciated that because it allows him "manly time" to do whatever and he doesn't have to worry about me being clingy.
The tide has turned since I have a more stable friendship base than in our previous years together. I have more opportunities to go do fun girly events and outings and Hubby is starting to get jealous. It's been harder for him to make friends here mostly because he can't let go of the past. He loved his old friends, yada, yada, but I keep telling him to wake up and realize they don't like anywhere near us!
So I'm currently walking a thin line of attending fun activities that I enjoy and making sure Hubby is happy. He also has a job doesn't allow for him to meet people his own age and go out to lunches, etc. I've declined attending some events to placate Hubby but he started in on me last night. I finally told him to pretend I was working for a band and had to do a lot of networking (that's what he used to do when we first lived together). He didn't like that much but I was delirious with exhaustion and didn't care. I'm sure he'll get over it.
Thursday, August 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment