Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Unfreakin' believable!

I've been trying to get in touch with the roofing company we had chosen to put our new roof on for a little over a week to no avail. I decided to call their headquarters yesterday to see what the deal was because I was ready to schedule and pick our shingle color. Lo and behold, after talking with headquarters, I find out they've shut down the Austin branch due to bad business practices, etc,etc!!

Freakin' great, my other quotes are no longer valid because it's been over 30 days and we had decided to go with this company!! Oh, and when I say "we decided," I mean my hubby thought they were nice and wanted to give them a chance. I wanted to go with a different company, and that would have been the better move. Oy.

So about 5 minutes ago, the Austin branch contact calls me to tell me they're all ready to schedule us!!! So I play it cool and ask where they've been and give her time to tell me the problem, but she just informs me she's had surgery on her ankle but things are good and they can put us on the schedule. Umm, hello, get a clue?!! I then proceed to inform her I've already spoken with headquarters and that I know they've been shut down. She tells me to have a great day and hung up!

I feel it's my civic duty to call headquarters and tell them what happened and I get to speak to the head of the company because they are so interested in what just occured. I'm going to post a sign in my neighborhood to let others know not to go with them. What sucks the most is I now need to start the bidding process over again!

No comments: