Let me begin this entry by saying you are truly a glutton for punishment if you choose to go shopping this weekend to reap in the goodness of tax-free shopping.
My girlfriend and I decided to hit up the Outlet mall on Sunday to see if we could score any fabulous deals on clothing and shoes. My friend has two children and figured she could get more bang for her buck this weekend and I decided to tag along for lack of better activities at home.
We left our neighborhood at 8am on the dot so we could get to the outlets as close to 9am as possible in an effort to avoid the crowds later in the day. As we're fast approaching our exit, my friend grabs my arm and proclaims, "OMG, it's Sunday. What if the stores don't open until noon?!" Crap, at this point we pray and hope that the stores open at 9 to bask in the goodness of tax-free shopping.
As we pull into the almost deserted parking lot, we realize we're screwed. But alas, the stores open at 10am, so we only really need to burn about 30 minutes at this point. We decide to layout our plan of attack on the main stores we really want to shop at. 10am rolls around and we're off and running! Along with a thousand other families with their damn large strollers and bratty children. Do me a favor families, when you're in the restroom, and you let your kids wonder about, put a freakin' leash on them! I don't want them playing peek-a-boo under my door while I'm on the potty. Seriously!!
All in all, we shopped until around 3ish and were so exhausted we decided to call it quits. The funny this was I didn't even buy any clothes! I picked up some gadgets for the kitchen and I did score pretty well at Victoria's Secret. It was worth it to get out of the house for a few hours, so I really can't complain. I was a crappy passenger on the way home because I fell asleep immediately. Oh well, I was tired from all that shopping!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment