As I'm sure a few of you noticed, I did not write a blog entry yesterday. I was due at the courthouse at 8:30am to give witness testimony to an accident that happened in November. After waiting around for a few hours, the defendant and his attorney were no shows, so I was allowed to leave. I had a free pass pretty much because I thought I could potentially be there all day.
The logical thing would have been to go to work, but I decided against that. I went and had a lovely breakfast of French Toast with cinammon butter and called up some friends to skip out of work and come play with me for the day. After some prodding, one girlfriend gave her boss the "explosive diarhea" line, and met me for breakfast. After going down a particulary lame list of things we could do for the day, we decided to go to Six Flags!
As we rubbed in our newfound freedom and plan to another girlfriend, she hustled to persuade her relatives to babysit and within an hour or so, we were off to ride the rollercoasters! We were like giddy high-schoolers on senior skip day. We laughed the whole ride down and were so excited that we were being spontaneous. As our luck would continue, the park was pretty much desserted, and we only had to wait in line once, for about 7 minutes. We ducked into the Old Tyme Photo store and had some of those vintagy photos taken, which turned out fabulous. Nothing like dressing up like a saloon girl with money bags and fake beer in your hands!
We were able to ride almost every ride, with the exception of some water rides and we had a blast! I never skipped school in high school so I really go to live out that experience. Our hubbies were happy we were having a blast and enjoying ourselves. It's safe to say they were also a little jealous!
All in all, it was such a wonderful day and I promise for the rest of you, we'll plan a little better next time. I say we all play hookey next year and do something fun like this!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Great Blog! Such a Great Day! We are SOOOO COOOOOOOL!!!! ;-)
Post a Comment