Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Day 5, No Sweets

To my horror and dismay, I have gained about 5 pounds in the last few months, mainly due to my sweet tooth. In an effort to lose some weight, I have decided to give up sweets for 30 days. It's my hope that if I can go 30 days, my sweet tooth will lessen, and I won't be hit with the intense cravings all damn day.

I'm on Day 5, and it hasn't been easy. I liken it to getting off crack, really. I'll get hit with an urge and search frantically around my office and dream about driving to McDonald's and waiting the five extra minutes for fresh, warm, chocolate chip cookies. My mouth waters with the thought of the beautiful cakes and cookies over at Whole Foods or a trip to Hey Cupcake!

Alas, I'm really trying to stick to this new plan. I want to be fit and lose my belly before I decide to have kids. I don't want an extra 5-10 pounds hanging on my frame along with a freaking baby growing in my belly. I've seen the ridiculously fit pregnant chicks at the gym, so I know it can be done.

If you're with me, please don't offer me any sweets. I'm like a kid in a candy store, I can't say no or have just one piece!

1 comment:

Fancy Girl said...

Ok you’ve inspired me. I have the same sweet tooth problem that you have. So I’m going to try this "no crap" thing too. But just until my birthday…so that gives me 19 days instead of 30. If nothing else, at least I won’t ruin your progress when we are together…