Friday, August 15, 2008

Cougar Alert

Ok,ok, this post should really be titled "Moutain Lion Alert," but I really like the sound of the word cougar! We were chilling at home last night watching some Olympics when our friend looked out the back window and exclaimed "What the hell is that big ass thing in your back yard?!"

We've had a fox family attempt to set up shop underneath our gazebo, but I managed to discourage them by throwing mothballs all over the back yard. A fried informed me the smell messes with the foxes senses and they leave. Seems to have worked, so I was thinking maybe the foxes had returned.

OMG, this thing was definitly not a fox! It was the size of a medium dog, but it had all the features of a cat. It was tan in color, large paws, and had a long tail, with possible rings at the end. Our friend and I were sure it was a bobcat, while my husband insisted it was just a housecat. Ok, maybe a housecat on Human-growth hormones! I'm thinking he said it was a housecat so I wouldn't freak out about our little dog.

Our little dog, pictured here, is a lover, not a fighter! So now I'm paranoid to let her outside after dusk. Wild animals typically eat around dusk and dawn.




I scoured the internet to find a picture of what we saw and this is as close as I can find! I'm calling the Wildlife Department and telling them to come out and trap this thing. It looks like it could eat a human!

No comments: