My hubby and I have recently been talking about adding a new addition to our household. No, not a baby, a new puppy! We have a very spoiled Chihuahua who thinks she's part human and we're worried she's lonesome during the day without us. We've had our dog for 4 years and we paid a pretty penny for her back in the day. This time around, we want to adopt a rescue dog.
At the local Petsmart, there is a small dog rescue organization who I think is fabulous. They operate on donations and the love they have for all animals, mainly small dogs. I always pop in on the weekends to drop off some old toys or some spare cash because I really believe in what they do. They are always so upbeat and sweet and get so excited when people drop off any sort of donation.
Now comes the hard part: What type of dog do we get? I love small dogs and I'm not a huge fan of big dogs. Anything that potty's larger than a tootsie roll, I really can't handle. My hubby is wanting a Lab or Rhodesian Ridgeback. So somewhere along the line we're going to have to compromise.
We probably won't get a dog until after November, but we're going to be keeping our eyes open. When we decide on a breed of dog, I'll update you on that. It may take a while, as I'm really not wanting to compromise for a bigger dog!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I am so jealous! I have wanted a dog for years but living in an apartment isnt conducive to having a dog, they need yards. Personally I prefer big dogs just make your husband pick up the poop!And rescue dogs are the best so good choice there.
Post a Comment