Monday, March 16, 2009

I'm A Witch...

if you ask my sister-in-law. The in-laws are off skiing in New Mexico for Spring Break, which leaves Hubby & I to look after their three dogs. We ran over last night to let them out, and went into his sister's room to look for more dog treats. She had a scrapbook on her table, so I started thumbing through it out of curiosity.

Most of the pictures showed the high-schoolers drinking and partying. Something that would warm the heart of every parent if they actually took time to find out what their kids are up to. It was very dis-heartening to see her partying like that in the pictures, she's so young, she has plenty of time to party. We keep browsing and come across pictures from the infamous Halloween party last year, and I was very surprised to see my picture in her scrapbook. But as I took a closer look, I figured out why: She had pasted a sticker that said "Witch" underneath me. Hubby looked a little confused and later admitted he was trying to figure out why she put that since I wasn't dressed up like a witch.

Of course we won't say anything to her about it, or the in-laws because I don't even want to give her the time of day. It's quite sad she's choosing me to deflect upon, but whatever. It doesn't ruin my day or affect me personally. It's quite sad that she's chosen bad influences and crappy friends over family who tells it to her like it is. Ah, to be a stupid kid and think you're invincible. Sorry sweetheart, you've got another thing coming when you finally graduate high school and are introduced to the real world.

No comments: