Another busy weekend has come and gone. Friday night found me shopping for more baby shower paraphernalia with C. & T. I've never been to Babies R Us, and it is quite an overwhelming experience. So many options and choices for everything from baby wipes to cribs and car seats. It's no wonder new mothers and fathers look so shell shocked in those stores!
Saturday I hit the gym and went to a friend's house to watch them mosaic a birdbath. It's way too much work, so I won't ever do one of my own. But I took the opportunity to make a centerpiece for the baby shower that I was hoping would come out well. K helped me assemble the pieces, and I have to say, it looks pretty good! So it's a keeper and I'll be using it at the shower next month. Later that evening we had dinner with E & E to do some catching up. We had a fabulous time and some great conversations. We even ran into some other friends who just happened to be there!
Sunday I was under the weather and slept in until noon. It was awesome. Then I got up and went into town to make some returns and waste some time. We had to be at a birthday party cocktail hour at 6pm, and like the classy group we are, we all piled into the motor home and rode to the swanky neighborhood in class. The food was amazing, especially the scalloped potatoes that had been parboiled in heavy whipping cream! Swoon! The wine was flowing and the oysters they had were fabulous. They were huge and there really is no ladylike way to eat it but stuff the whole thing in your mouth. Which I did on several occasions. I did catch an old man eating them right from the serving fork! I stayed away from that fork needless to say.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment