Monday, March 23, 2009

Weekend Wrap-Up

Oh yes, Friday night did consist of C., S., and I going to the Twilight release party at Blockbuster! We strolled in wearing our Team Edward shirts (by far the best looking ones) and attempted to throw elbows to win the trivia questions. Damn those little middle-schoolers for being up front! Even the fact I towered over the kids did not help our attempt to answer questions like "What does blood smell like to Bella? (rust and salt for you non-readers!).

It was quite laugh-worthy as we purchased special collector edition Sweethearts with the characters on the box. They will come in quite handy for our Twilight viewing party next month (ok, seriously, stop laughing). The place was packed with probably about 100 people, mostly with kids in middle and highschool. They really needed to be cranking the air conditioning because so many hormonal, pre-pubescent kids made that place a hotbox. It was sweaty and stinky and I'd like to take this moment and do a PSA for teenagers of America: Please, for the love of God, shower each and every morning! You kids were the stinkiest kids ever and it was disgusting. If someone labels you "uncool" for having good personal hygiene, don't worry about it! Those are the kids who end up working in McDonald's smelling like greasy hamburgers and french fries anyways.

Saturday was the first round of baby showers for our friend E., who is expecting twins this May. The ranch it was held out was breathtaking and I didn't want to leave the party. It was so relaxing and the weather was wonderful. The food was amazing and the games were fun. I was hoping the onesie I decorated would win, but alas, the Two Peas In The Pod won. Righteously so. After the party, I was so exhausted from a late night of Twilighting on Friday, I went home and slept for three hours. Hubby tried to get me energized to go downtown and enjoy a night of SXSW, but I declined. Instead, I made chocolate chip cookies, ate the dough, and watched The Holiday in bed with my chihuahua. And I drooled over how cute Jude Law was. Wow, I sound wicked lame reading that last part!

Sunday I went to Yoga only to find our normal instructor was out, and a sub was teaching that day. She sucked. I managed to make it about an hour and bailed because she had a very rushed technique and she normally doesn't teach the hour and a half classes. So then I headed to the grocery store to stock up on items for our Mexico trip. Only 4 more days to go! Later that evening T. invited us over for some amazing fajitas and good company. And birthday cake, which always makes a good end to the weekend.

No comments: