When I was in second grade, our class was part of the annual school Christmas pageant. We practiced our songs for weeks and everyone knew where they were to stand. All of the children were required to bring a piece of fruit, as an offering to Jesus, that would be handed out amongst the crowd. (Yea, I still don't get the piece of fruit deal. Don't they offer fruit to Buddha, not Jesus?)
When the night came, our class was to meet in homeroom and then we would walk down to the auditorium together. I wasn't really feeling like singing and mingling, so I hid in the bathroom until the class had left. After that, I figured I would help by cleaning our homeroom. I straightened desks, cleaned the chalkboards, and swept. When the rest of my classmates came back after the pageant was over, they were quite perplexed as to how I beat them back to the room. My mom came to pick me up and asked how come she didn't see me in the play. I told her I didn't feel like joining. My mom just sighed, and told me to just let her know that next time, and we wouldn't have had to waste a trip!
Thursday, May 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment