Friday night's are wonderful because Hubby and I cook some dinner, kick off our shoes and relax on the couch and watch a movie. This time we picked Zack and Miri Make A Porno, which I highly recommend. We laughed our butts off and thought it was very funny. We pretty much love all the Seth Rogan movies, but this one was great.
Saturday I dragged myself to the gym and then went on the boat around 1ish. K. met up with us to partake in the first boating run of the season. We picked up another neighbor friend from her dock and decided to cruise around and feel the wind in our hair. The water level of the lake is about 8-12 feet lower than normal, so we found a sandy beach area that is normally covered. We beached the boat and all got out to hang out on the sand. It was wonderful, we layed out our blankets and took in the amazing weather and scenery. We called it a day around 5:30pm. K. went home to spend some time with her family, and the rest of us went to get cleaned up to take Hubby's mom out to dinner.
I wish I could say dinner was amazing, but alas, that was not the case. My MIL decided to drink (after promising that she wouldn't) and the drama ensued. Everyone was fighting at the table of this nice restaurant, and I was desperately wishing our damn food would arrive so we could eat and leave. MIL ended up storming out of the place when she was asked to pick between alcohol and the family. Ugg, I really had confrontations at public places, save that shit for behind closed doors. So the evening was an expensive bust.
Sunday Hubby tried to get the whole family to go on the boat, but they were still fighting from the previous night. We went alone and met up with our neighborhood friends at the sandy beach area. We took the small dogs and they had a blast running from blanket to blanket looking for any food that had been dropped. We called it a night around 6ish and went home to cook dinner and chill out. A fairly laid back weekend, but much needed after all the birthday partying the weekend before!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Love that movie, Chris and I laughed our asses off too! ;) Sorry about the drama, that is never fun!
Post a Comment