Friday, May 29, 2009

Slice of Cookie Cake Pie

Oh yeah, I found yet another amazing sound dessert creation to make! It's called a Cookie Cake Pie and it pretty much is just what it sounds like. You take a round pie pan, and roll out a homemade or store bought pie crust on the bottom. You take chocolate chip cookie dough and spread it on top of the pie crust until it's about an inch thick. Then, you mix up some Funfetti cake mix and pour it on top of the cookie dough until the pie pan is about 2/3 full. It will spread and rise while baking.

After its cooked in a 35o degree oven for around 30-40 minutes, remove and let cool. One completely cooled, spread buttercream frosting on the top and put some fun sprinkles on top! I'm making this concoction for a graduation party I'm attending on Saturday. Needless to say, I've been sneaking bites of the cookie dough since I bought it on Wednesday. I'll take a picture when it's complete and let you know how it tastes. It may be coming to a party near you if it gets approval this weekend!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are going to have to keep me swinging from a trapeze to work off all these great creations you find!!!

T~

Madison said...

I agree! We're all going to need to be doing some serious gym time if we keep up this sweet tooth nonsense! Gotta check on the trapeeze class!

Kris10 said...

Can always count on you for yummy desserts!!!