Friday night was spent cleaning the house, inside and out, and preparing the food for Hubby's party the following night. I spent an hour and a half at the grocery store picking up everything on my list and made a stop at Micheal's for some more white decorations. We called it a night around 10pm because we were exhausted.
Saturday we continued the cleaning and preparing for the party. I managed to squeeze in some time at the gym, and picked up Hubby's He-man cake and white flowers and balloons. I also was rushed because I was co-hosting a CABI party at 3pm. I made some quick and easy food for that party and prepared Mock Champagne for drinks. We had around 15 women come to the CABI party, and we were all trying on clothes left and right. When all the sales had been totaled, I was able to buy 3 items of clothes half off. After much deliberation, I settled on a cute pique vest, white bow shirt, and a long pinkish maxi dress. After that party was over, I had to rush home to finish up the food for the White Party.
With the help of T., we managed to make the White Champagne Punch, White Sangria, and all the food by the time the party started at 7pm. I was quite pleased to see how many people adhered to the dress code of all white clothing. Everyone looked so fresh and ready to party! We had the music blaring, people were dancing, enjoying the drinks and plenty of food. I enjoyed too much of the drinks and the place was quite spinney by the end of the night. I finally called it a night a little after 2am, even though people were still dancing away outside. About 2:30 I sat straight up in bed and decided I needed to pull the trigger to stop the spinning. I spent the next 4 hours praying to the porcelain god and cursing the White Sangria and Buffalo Dip I had indulged in all evening. Let me tell you, Buffalo dip tastes awesome the first time, but it's no good coming back up. I wanted to die and I had the shakes so bad it was ridiculous. I decided to camp out on the bathroom floor, and made a pitiful bed out of our bath towels, robes and a blanket I found on the bedroom floor.
Jason peaked in on me a few times and I told him I was on the floor for the night. I finally got to sleep around 7am. Hubby woke me up around 9ish to see if I was good enough to get some sleep in bed. I was definitely hung over (my first time ever) and crawled pathetically into bed. We had a bunch of guests sleep over and they all wanted to go to the Lake House for breakfast. After they piled into the bedroom to make fun of me, I mustered up the strength to join them. I ordered some sprite and toast and it was wonderful. We all laughed about the funny moments that happened at the party and I'm pretty sure we offended some families with our colorful language. Everyone went on the boat, but I decided to stay in bed and nap. It was the best freakin' nap I've ever had. Later that evening we decided to order a pizza and drink Cokes. We both ended up crashing around 9pm. Hubby told me it was a great party and really loved his He-man cake. I just don't know how we're going to top this to celebrate his 30th next year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment