Thursday, May 21, 2009

Fortune Cookie Wisdom

"A quiet evening with friends is the best tonic for a long day." Oh mister fortune cookie, you have no idea! That quote was from my fortune cookie from last night's dinner. My girls took me and T to P.F. Changs to celebrate our birthdays. It's always the longest day in the world when I have an event planned with the girls. The clock ticks away and the day drags on, and I probably send a million emails bitching about how long it was taking to get to 5 o'clock.

We all laughed and ate our way through the appetizers when K announced she had a game for us. We all about fell off our chairs because K is not a big game girl, so we figured hell had frozen over! She let us know there was something for each of us and it had an underlying message. Being the bossy girl I am, I grabbed the bag, reached in and pulled out a small baggie. When I pulled the bag out, there was a little cookie in the shape of a foot. Perplexed at first, I read the inscription, which read, "Aunt G." It took all of 5 seconds for me to get the message, and I hid the cookie and passed the bag along. T got the bag next, pulled out her cookie, and we immediately bust into tears. K was announcing her pregnancy to the group!

Needless to say, lots of cheers, laughs, tears and hugs ensued for the next 10 minutes. It was the most adorable way to let us in on her secret. We proceeded to shoot the shit and make summer plans throughout dinner. From seeing Mamma Mia, celebrating K's bday on the boat for the 4th, and our girls trip to Lost Pines. Being surrounded by these wonderful women and friends is amazing, and I feel so blessed to share these important moments with the group.

I look forward to many quiet evenings with friends (lord knows they're never really quite thought) and hope the traditions we're forming and love that we have for each other lasts a lifetime. Now that the girls are popping out the next generation of LC's, we have a lot to look forward to!

2 comments:

Fancy Girl said...

*sniff* *sniff*
Such Great Memories we are all making together!!
We are so lucky to have each other now, and forever....
I can only hope that someday we will all be old and cranky and living life like the Golden Girls.

Madison said...

Wait, the Golden Girls all lived together! I love the idea! Less driving time, more partying!