Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Damn the price of gas!

We've all bitched and complained about the ever increasing price of gas, but now I'm really over it! I have a Hyundai which gets darn good mileage, but still, filling up to the tune of $55 is really crimping my budget.

I know it doesn't seem like I have budget constraints, mostly every month I vow to cut back on unnecessary spending (HA!). Sometimes I'm successful and other times I am not. But really, it's getting hard to justify buying a Grande Skinny Soy Vanilla Latte at Starbucks for $4.60 a pop every week when gas and other food items become more expensive. If I forgo my weekly coffee fix, I could save $20 to put toward gas for the month. I suppose every little bit of savings counts, but it hurts, it really hurts me! (OK, not really, I just like how dramatic it sounds).

After reviewing our finances with my hubby, I ceremoniously vowed (yet again) to cut back my spending and be conservative. I did make it crystal clear that I would not be giving up getting my nails done once a month, my eyebrow waxing, or my hair treatments. Some things cannot be sacrificed, no matter how dire the situation!

No comments: