Friday, June 6, 2008

Sex and the City

Last night I had the pleasure of joining a few of my fabulous girlfriends to watch the Sex and the City movie. We met up for drinks beforehand and complemented each other on our cute and flirty attire. We headed into the theater early to snag great seats and to people watch.

We all agreed that we've never seen so many women dressed to the nines to make themselves feel good and not for a man! These women came decked out in dresses and skirts in every length and color. The hair and makeup were perfect and they had their favorite shoes on, as if to say they could have been in SATC!

Overall the movie was wonderful. I admit, I was teary-eyed a few times throughout the movie and it really made me appreciate my girlfriends. To be totally honest, I've never really watched the series when it was on TV. I'd seen a few episodes and found it enjoyable, but not a marathon viewer by any means.

I think the main draw of this show/movie is that every woman can relate to each of the four characters, Carrie, Miranda, Charlotte, and Samantha. At some point in our lives, we've dealt with similar situations that the characters have and we all admire a particular character trait within each woman.

I admit, I'm drawn to Carrie because she loves fashion and is independent. I also like that Charlotte is fiercely protective of her friends and Samantha has that raw sexual attraction/power that anyone would be envious of. Miranda believes her job is important but tries to balance family and girlfriends as well, which we all know can be difficult.

I can't image how wonderful it would be to live in NYC with your closest friends, have a great job, be independently wealthy and truly enjoy what life has to offer. But the more I think about it, I wouldn't trade the life I have now with my family and my wonderful girlfriends. They say the grass is greener on the other side, but the grass I'm looking at right now looks pretty good!

1 comment:

Kris10 said...

Don't you even think about moving to NYC girl!!!! We need you here!